What are SIP Trunks?
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking is a service offered by a communications service provider that uses the protocol to provision voice over IP (VoIP) connectivity between an on-premises phone system and the public switched telephone network (PSTN). SIP is used for call establishment, management and tear-down. SIP trunking is typically sold as a replacement for digital Primary Rate Interfaces (PRI's), which are based on time-division multiplexing (TDM) and offers considerable savings on both rental and calls.
- Reduce spend
- Ability to scale on demand
- Simplified administration
- Greater reliability
- Geographic independence
- Business continuity planning
- Proven technology
We provide SIP trunks and inclusive call packages as priced below:
|Description||Charge Type & Frequency||Cost|
|SIP Trunk (Each SIP Trunk includes 5000 minutes to 01,02,03 and UK Mobiles)||Monthly Rental||£7.95 + VAT|
|Set up per end point/customer||One Off Connection||£75.00 + VAT|
|Virtual Number||Monthly Rental||£2.25 + forwarding costs|
|DDI per number (geographic or non-geographic number)||Monthly Rental||£0.23 + VAT (each)|
|Private SIP (using private Interconnect) includes bundle as above||Monthly Rental||£9.83 + VAT|
|Private SIP Set up per end point/customer||One Off Connection||£140.00 + VAT|
SIP Fail-over Options
Requires two end points/sites on our SIP platform
- Round Robin - Incoming calls are sent alternately to two end points/sites
- Simultaneous - Incoming calls are sent to both end points/sites at the same time and whichever accepts the call first takes it
- Sequential - End point/site 1 is sent all calls by default, if it does not respond, calls will be sent to end point/site 2
Requires one end points/site on our SIP platform
- Off-Net Divert - If the end point/site is unavailable, incoming calls will divert to an off-net number. Call charges will apply for diverted calls.